With every domain name registration, Zuver offers Free DNS hosting.
This will allow you manage A, MX, CNAME, TXT, NS and SRV records for your domain name without the need for a hosting account or a third-party DNS provider – this is especially helpful if you wish to use us for your external hosting or simply want a few records to point to different locations (such as a ‘mail only’ domain name).
Enabling Free DNS Hosting on your domain name
To enable your Free DNS Hosting, please follow these easy steps:
- Login to your MyZuver account.
- Click the My Services option on the top-left in your account, then Domains from the menu below.
- Hit the Manage button for the domain name that you wish to edit.
- Select the Manage DNS option under DNS on the left-hand side.
- Click the Change DNS button and select Free DNS Hosting.
- Here you can add the records that you need – be sure to click Set Zone Records when you’re done to save your new configuration.
NOTE: Completing the above steps will remove any existing nameservers. There will also be up to 24 hours of downtime before the new records will reflect once added.
Adding various DNS records to your DNS zone
- Once on the Free DNS Hosting page you will need to hit the Add DNS Record option
- Select the record type you wish to add, then enter the records as required.
NOTE: When setting up a record for yourdomain.com, please remember to add an identical record for www.yourdomain.com as well.
What if I want to add MX records?
Within the same area of MyZuver under the Change DNS button, there will be a 3rd Party App or Hosting option.
If you select this, you will be given the choice to add the MX records for some email hosting platforms that you may be using (see below)
Here you can select the offering you need and click Apply DNS Preset to have the MX records automatically added.
If you already have cPanel or WordPress hosting for your domain name, you can also edit your DNS zone inside of cPanel without needing to change to the Free DNS Hosting option in MyZuver.
Changing over to the MyZuver Free DNS Hosting system will cause your website to go offline (unless you re-create the corresponding A record/s on the MyZuver Free DNS hosting to point to your hosting account).
In this case, we strongly recommend using cPanel/Plesk for managing your DNS zone, as this will automatically update the zone when you create, modify or add subdomains and remains consistent if your account is migrated to another server.