If you have an existing WordPress installation setup in Installatron, which you need to clone, or create a staging environment or a new/separate website. You can follow the bellow steps to do so.
If you cannot see the website inside Installatron, then follow our guide on how to import your WordPress website into Installatron first. Then complete the cloning process.
- Login to cPanel
- Navigate to Installatron Applications Installer
- Select the My Applications tab, if it isn’t already selected
- Next to the installation, click the 4th icon that looks like two arrows (next to the X icon)
- Select the domain name you want to clone the installation to (this can be the same as the existing installation)
- If you don’t want the installation to be under a sub-folder, make the Directory field blank.
- Leave all other settings as the defaults
- Click Clone, then wait for the cloning process to complete.
If you receive any errors, feel free to reach out to our technical support team for further assistance.
A great benefit to cloning your site this way is that Installatron handles all changes to the website’s ‘Site URL’ and other things that reference what domain name the website should display for. Comparatively, manually moving a WordPress website’s files to a new domain name will often cause it to stop working.