In order for web hosting or email hosting services to work correctly, your domain name must be pointed to a correct set of name servers.
Nameservers point your domain to a DNS zone, which contains all of your relevant DNS records in order to make sure that your website loads correctly and your emails work properly.
It might be complex to understand, but updating your name servers on your domain name is a very simple process:
- Login to your MyZuver account.
- Click the My Services option on the top-left of the page >> Domain Management from the menu below.
- Hit the Manage button for the domain that you wish to have modified.
- Select the Manage DNS option under the DNS area on the left-hand side.
- Choose the Use Custom Nameservers option
- Enter the name servers in the provided boxes as required; minimum two needed.
- Confirm by hitting Set Custom Nameservers
That’s it, you’re done! If you’re using a Zuver cPanel web hosting service, you may simply opt to click on the Zuver Hosting option on that Manage DNS page and select the correct hosting service.
That will auto add our records and save you some typing.
Please note: Once DNS changes are made, they may take up to 24 hours to fully take effect – a process often called DNS propagation. It usually takes around 4-8 hours but please allow up to 24 hours.
Just keep in mind that if you do make these changes with a live website or live email service, it will break this and cause downtime.
If you need any assistance whilst following through with any of these processes, feel free to get in touch with us via a ticket or over the phone on (03) 8001 4100.