If you prefer to use SSH access for the means of FTP (File Transfer Protocol), we do offer SSH access with each hosting plan and this will need to be enabled before you can SFTP.
To enable SFTP access you must enable SSH via your MyZuver:
- Login to your MyZuver account.
- Click the My Services button on your MyZuver dashboard, then select Hosting.
- Click Manage on the relevant hosting service.
- On the left-hand side, click SSH Access. SFTP primarily works over SSH and thus requires it enabled.
- This page will then allow you to whitelist your IP address and enable the SSH access for port 2683.
Things to keep in mind when enabling SSH access:
- You will need to whitelist the IP addresses you will be connecting to SFTP from.
- It’s preferable you have a static IP address to avoid you visiting the page frequently to re-enable access.
- You will need to re-enable your IP address for access, even if you have a static IP, every 28 days.
- If you are not going to be using SSH access after some time, it is heavily recommended to disable it and re-enable it if needed.
Once enabled, you will be able to connect to the server using your domain name (provided it’s pointed to our server) or using the servers IP on port 2683 in conjunction with your cPanel credentials.
If you need any assistance whilst following through with any of these processes, feel free to get in touch with us via a ticket or over the phone on (03) 8001 4100.