If you want to ‘mask’ a URL (so that people access www.yoursite.com but see the content of www.anothersite.com) you can create a ‘cloaked’ forwarder using our Web/Email Forwarding service.
Any domain name that has been registered or transferred to us is provided with Free DNS hosting (with web/email forwarding) that can be set up through MyZuver.
- Log into your MyZuver account
- Click ‘Domain Management’ on the left, then select ‘Manage’ in the dropdown menu
- Click the ‘+’ next to your domain name
- Select ‘Manage DNS’ in the Domain Management dropdown menu
- If it’s not already selected, click on ‘Web/Email Forwarding’
- Click ‘Add Forwarder’ next to Web Forwarding
- Select the first option, ‘Cloak’
- Add in the cloak forwarder details, being the site you’d like your domain to ‘cloak’ to.
The details you’d want to add are listed below.
- Source Address: http://(your domain will already be listed so you don’t need to type it in here)
- Destination Address: (this is the page you want to show when people access your site)
- Page Title: (this is what you want to show browsers)
- Meta Description: (when people search for your site in Google, what do you want to show?)
- Meta Keywords: (what keywords do you want Google to link to your site?)
Lastly, click Add Forwarder again, next to ‘Web Forwarding’. Complete steps 6, 7 & 8 again, but this time in the source address make sure to put http://www — this ensures that people accessing www.yoursite.com and just yoursite.com will be sent to the right page.