If you want to ‘mask’ a URL (so that people access www.yoursite.com but see the content of www.anothersite.com) you can create a ‘cloaked’ forwarder using our Web/Email Forwarding service.
Any domain name that has been registered or transferred to us is provided with Free DNS hosting (with web/email forwarding) that can be set up through MyZuver.
- Log into your MyZuver account
- Click ‘My Services‘, then select ‘Domain Management‘ within your account.
- Click the ‘Manage‘ next to your domain name
- Select ‘Manage DNS’ in the Domain Management dropdown menu on the left-hand side.
- Next, click ‘Change DNS‘.
- If it’s not already selected, click on ‘Web and Email Forwarding’
- Click ‘Enable Web and Email Forwarding‘.
- Select ‘Set DNS‘, then ‘Add Web Forwarder‘.
- Add in the cloak forwarder details, being the site you’d like your domain to ‘cloak’ to.
Please note: Any existing DNS settings / nameservers / records set on the domain level will be removed when you switch to this option so it is heavily recommended to contact our support team if you’re unsure of what this means. If you select this option with active DNS, your email and website WILL cease to stop working.
The details you’d want to add are listed below.
- Source Address: http://(your domain will already be listed so you don’t need to type it in here)
- Destination Address: (this is the page you want to show when people access your site)
- Page Title: (this is what you want to show browsers)
- Meta Description: (when people search for your site in Google, what do you want to show?)
- Meta Keywords: (what keywords do you want Google to link to your site?)
Lastly, click Add Forwarder again, next to ‘Web Forwarding’. Complete steps 6, 7 & 8 again, but this time in the source address make sure to put http://www — this ensures that people accessing www.yoursite.com and just yoursite.com will be sent to the right page.
If you need any assistance whilst following through with any of these processes, feel free to get in touch with us via a ticket or over the phone on (03) 8001 4100.