An Alias, also known as parked domain, in cPanel allows you to setup as a new domain which mirrors the content of the primary domain for your hosting service.
This is useful when you own for example, both the .com and .com.au, or different domain name variations of your business name and you wish to ensure they both show the same website.
Additionally you could simply use a Alias to allow you to setup a redirect for web traffic for that specific domain, or to enable you to setup an email account for that specific domain.
To create an Alias please follow these steps:
- Login to your MyZuver account.
- Navigate to ‘Manage Web Hosting’ on the main dashboard.
- Login to your cPanel service by clicking the ‘cPanel’ button to login to your service.
- Click on the ‘Aliases’ icon on your cPanel home screen.
- You will now see a ‘Create a New Alias’ field; here you will enter new domain you wish to use.
- Click ‘Add Domain’.
Once you have added your new Alias through cPanel, you should ensure you have pointed your domain name(s) at your Zuver hosting service.
If you’re unsure of how to do this, it is recommended to contact our support team who will be able to adjust them for you, if your domain name is registered with Zuver.
If your domain name is not registered with Zuver, you’d just need to update your nameservers with your domain registrar.
By default it will now mirror the content of your primary website; but through the Alias Domains section of cPanel you can set it up to redirect to alternate locations.