If you’re using the Zuver cPanel web hosting nameservers, you may wish to add additional CNAME, MX, A or TXT records to your DNS zone. To do this, you’ll just want to follow the step-by-step process below.
- Login to your cPanel service.
You can do this by logging into MyZuver and going to My Services >> Hosting >> cPanel.
- Once in cPanel, navigate to and click on the Zone Editor.
- In here you can quickly add CNAME, A or MX records. For more options click Manage to the right of the domain you wish to edit.
- At the top of the page there will be an Add Record button. The white arrow on this button can be used to select which record to add.
- In the Valid Zone Name field enter your domain name or subdomain you want to create the record on.
- Set your TTL and record type as required. Usually the TTL can be left at 14400 unless otherwise specified.
- Enter the destination IP address/CNAME/TXT accordingly.
- Once you’ve typed in the record, click Add Record.
You can add as many records as required; existing records may be edited or deleted on this page as well.
Please be aware that DNS records edited in here only work if the Zuver cPanel web hosting nameservers are being used; if any other nameservers (meaning your DNS is pointing elsewhere) are being used on the domain name these records will not be applicable and you would need to adjust those records with your DNS provider.
When DNS records are adjusted please allow up to 24 hours for DNS to propagate at the maximum, but it should usually take around 4-8 hours.
If you need any assistance whilst following through with any of these processes, feel free to get in touch with us via a ticket or over the phone on (03) 8001 4100.