Remote MySQL access is supported for the purposes of assisting in development from your local PC using a database manager such as Navicat or Dreamweaver. To enable Remote MySQL access please follow these steps:
- Log in to MyZuver.
- Click on the My Services option on the top-left of the page > Web Hosting from the menu below.
- Hit the Manage button for the hosting service that you wish to edit.
- Select the External MySQL Access option under Configuration on the left side of this page.
- Click the Add IP Address button under External Database Access.
- Add a New IP Address – please complete this with the correct IP to provide access through our firewall.
- Once you have allowed your IP Address access through your MyZuver, you will also need to perform an update within cPanel.
- When you log into cPanel, you will need to click the Remote MySQL icon.
- Add your IP Address to this page to establish access on the database side
Once you have completed those steps, you will be able to access MySQL remotely from the IP Address you designated. You will be required to authenticate with the database username and password. Please be aware if you’re using a dynamic IP Address on your internet connection, access will cease upon an IP change and the steps will need to be re-completed.
NOTE: The external/remote access does have a lifespan of 28 days, after which you will have to add the details again.