Absolutely! We offer a free cPanel migration as part of your hosting plan, so there is no extra or hidden costs for this type of migration.
We can perform these migrations at any suitable time that would suit you best, as there is inevitably some downtime of 4-8 hours, but we can always factor this at a convenient time for you given that our migrations team works 24/7.
How do I get my website moved across to you?
We do require a few of details from your current provider in order to complete this migration, which are listed below.
- cPanel username/password
- The IP address of the server that you’re currently hosted on at the moment, with your current provider.
Things to take into considering before submitting your migration request.
There are a few things you’ll want to make sure you’re on top of before you’re submitting the request, just so you can make sure that there isn’t going to be any unforeseen hiccups along the way.
- To migrate your website across, we require that you have at least 40% of disk space free on your current hosting plan as we’re taking a copy of this data. Your hosting provider can also temporarily raise this limit for the migration.
- The domain names on both of your hosting services have to be matching in order for the migration to take place. EG: We are unable to migrate your hosting service for myexample.com to your new hosting service for myexampleisbetter.com due to the fact they are not matching. You’ll need to update them to match on either our end, or your current providers end.
I have those details. How do I submit my migration request?
The process is listed below, step-by-step, that you can treat as a guide as you follow along.
- Choose a suitable hosting plan to meet your needs. All of our hosting plans and their inclusions are listed here.
- Follow the rest of the checkout process, by selecting your preferred billing cycle.
- Upon the completion of your new hosting plan, you’ll be sent a ‘Product Activation’ email that contains your login details to MyZuver, so grab those details and login to MyZuver here.
- On the top left-hand side of the page select the Support option > Migration Request (In the middle).
- Select cPanel as the previous hosting environment.
- Next click on the new hosting service that you want to migrate to and press Select.
- Enter the requested details and click Submit Migration Request.
We will conduct the migration during the period of time that you have selected, and you’ll be notified via email once it has commenced and also completed but if you do have any further questions, please feel free to contact our support team via a ticket through MyZuver, and they can address any concerns you may have.
If you need any assistance whilst following through with any of these processes, feel free to get in touch with us via a ticket or over the phone on (03) 8001 4100.